Tuesday 10 May 2011

Make do and mend

Hi there...welcome to the Whimsical Emporium where you will find quirky, playful and fun fashion inspiration.

My name is Jess and I have a love for the old and beautiful. I collect and create fashion from era's past and hope to inspire you with my slight obsession!
I am also a sewing enthisiast with an entire room in my house filled with threads, buttons, fabrics, a dress form and of course multiple sewing machines!

I recently purchased an old singer sewing machine at a local market. It is still in working order and although it can only sew a straight stitch (a far cry from all the modcons that can be found on the latest sewing machines today) I cannot wait to use it on one of my creations.




Some patterns that I am creating this week

the maxi skirt...



and a cape,  eat your heart out little red riding hood!



Photos of the outfits will be up over the weekend.


Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment