Tuesday 24 April 2012

Collette Palette Challenge


I recently discovered a great new blog by Colette Patterns called Colleterrie.

Colette Patterns are a two lady team who create a number of gorgeous vintage inspired patterns that they sell online. They have also created a sewing handbook called The Colette Sewing Handbook.

They have a twice yearly palette challenge where you can create your own mood boards and inspirations and then over an 8 week period create as many garments as you like from that palette.

I created a mood board below for Autumn/Winter challenge. using some of my favourite colours and styles, (I love the circular sleeves on this Elizabeth & James dress) and I have already found some mint coloured lace to create a skirt similar to the one below at The Fabric Store in Brunswick St, Melbourne.

I may be slightly ambitious however I am attempting to make 4 garments over the eight week period.

  • A mustard winter dress (I already have a pattern and fabric for this)
  • Mint lace pencil skirt
  • Black Trousers
  • Camel Wool Cape

Stay tuned to see how each garment pans out...... I plan on starting this Saturday with the mustard dress.

Collette Pattern Inspiration Board


Elizabeth and james dress
$467 - boutique1.com

Diane von Furstenberg short pleated skirt
$344 - matchesfashion.com

Cut out booties
$239 - whistles.co.uk

Jack Wills wide brim floppy hat
$80 - jackwills.com






Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment